The calendar connectors monitors listed users and notifies Totalview when changes happen in a user’s appointments list. The connector also sends create, update and delete commands from Totalview to the calendar server.
Calendar synchronization rules
Not all users or appointments created in Totalview are synchronized with the calendar server. The following rules state what users and appointments are synchronized with the calendar server.
- Only active users with a valid Calendar ID and with Synchronize Calendar enabled are synchronized. These settings are available in Admin/User
- Only appointments with state class of type Busy or OutOfOffice are synchronized. State class settings are available in Admin/State
- Totalview is not allowed to update or created recurring appointments
- When appointments created in Totalview are synchronized with the CC, the CC returns a calendar key that is used in subsequent requests on the same appointment
- When appointments updated in Totalview are synchronized with the CC, the CC updates the appointment in the calendar system based on the calendar key
- When appointments deleted in Totalview are synchronized with the CC, the CC deletes the appointment in the calendar system based on the calendar key
Not all users and appointments created in the calendar server are synchronized with Totalview. The following rules state what users and appointments are synchronized with Totalview.
- Only users requested by the Totalview server will be synchronized
- Only appointments with type of Busy or OutOfOffice are synchronized. (Lotus Notes and Google Calendar only has the Busy option).
- Appointments with subject starting with * are not synchronized (* is the default setting but can be changed in the calendar connector setup)
- Private appointments are synchronized with the subject set to the text “private”
- Recurring appointments are synchronized for a defined number of days ahead. This is necessary to reduce the number of appointments returned from the calendar connector. The number of days is specified in the Admin/Connectors
- When synchronizing an appointment that is not created or modified in Totalview, i.e. is created in the calendar server, the appointments start and end state is based on the Busy profile shortname and the OOF profile shortname specified in the Admin/Connectors. Notes connector can also use categories to map states to appointments.
Below are the extra rules applied if Synchronize current is enabled. N.B. This feature is both available for the Exchange connector, Lotus Notes Connector and Google Calendar.
- Current states with state class of type Busy and OutOfOffice and where End type is set to Actual or Expected are synchronized.
- If a new current state is set prior to Actual or Expected end of the synchronized state, no additional synchronization occurs. I.e. if current state is synchronized from 13.00 to 14.00 and the user changes to another state at 13.30, the calendar appointment will still show 13.00 to 14.00.
- If the current state goes beyond the Expected end, no additional synchronization occurs. I.e. if current state is synchronized from 13.00 to 14.00 and no new state occurs at 14.00 then the Exchange appointment will still show 13.00 to 14.00.